MESTA sponsors many events throughout the year with the goal of providing professional development and networking opportunities for our members, including field trip experiences.
MESTA is offering a field trip experience in the Menominee area this coming August 2-5. See below for details.
Summer Field Experience August 2-5, 2021
Iron Mountain - Marietta - Menominee - Escanaba
Sponsored by the Michigan Earth Science Teachers Association in cooperation with the Wisconsin Society of Science Teachers
Integrated science with real world connections, plus a lot of fun!!
* Hiking rock outcrops and collecting
* White water rafting (Class IV rapids)
* Mining history (underground mine tour; largest pump in North America)
* Menominee area geology (volcanic, tectonic, faulting, minerals)
* Erosional features (oxbow lakes, river meanders, drumlin fields)
* New Back Forty Mine under development (metallic sulfides; Environmental protection, hydrology)
Meet with fellow educators and scientists; fun outdoor activities; learn more about science in our natural world.
Plus it is designed to be family friendly.
For more information, contact Dave Chapman firstname.lastname@example.org
Download the registration pdf (Registration ends July 16): Menominee_Registration_Form.pdf
or Word doc: Menominee_Registration_Form.docx
MESTA 2019 Conference
Last year, our annual conference was held on October 4-5, 2019 at Mona Shores Middle School (Norton Shores, MI). October 4 was a field activities day and October 5 was a day of classroom workshop activities and the annual organization business meeting (including the election for selected Board positions).