Here are some collections of Earth Science related professional literature or links to useful online sources (including classroom lessons and labs).
1. Geology.com: This website features a wide variety of Geology and Earth Science topics, and includes an area for Teacher Resources.
2. IRIS (Incorporated Research Institutions for Seismology): This website features teacher resources (including lessons) for earthquakes. Look under the EDUCATION tab.
3. U.S. Geological Survey: Provides information on a variety of Earth Science topics and includes real-time or near real-time data on current conditions and earth observations.
4. National Park Service: Provides information and virtual tours of our national park system.
5. Women in Mining Education Foundation: Provides classroom activities that are informational in nature and others are activity based.
6. 2020/2021 International Year of Caves and Karst: The National Park Service is highlighting the caves and karst locations around our county. This site also provides educational materials.
7. Michigan Backyard Fossils Identification Guide: UM Museum of Paleontology provides a backyard fossil identification guide. What types of fossils might by hiding in your backyard?
8. KinglseyNorth: This family owned, Michigan based business, supplies and supports lapidary and jewelry artists throughout the world. KingsleyNorth was kind enough to donate rock/mineral specimens to MESTA during our Menominee Adventure field trip.