The Michigan Earth Science Teachers Association (MESTA) was founded in 1967. The organization consists of members teaching in the field of Earth and Space Science at the K-12 and college levels.
Not a member? Join MESTA for the low cost of just $10 per year.
Our mission is to help provide educators with up to date information, materials, and credible references to assist with the teaching of Earth and Space Science classes.
Donate to MESTA
In the K-12 classroom, it is becoming increasingly more important to provide authentic learning experiences that will enable students to develop an understanding of Earth Science. Your support of MESTA is vital in helping to prepare students to become the decision makers of tomorrow. Please consider the opportunity to "pay it forward" and help support Earth and Space Science teachers in Michigan.
MESTA provides members in good standing with the following benefits:
* Classroom mini-grants to $500
* Summer field conferences
* Providing teacher materials via our Free & Inexpensive shop, Rock Shop, and Rock Raffles
* Field scholarships to $1000
* Teacher workshops
* Annual MESTA conference (providing field activities and classroom workshops)
* The Michigan Earth Scientist journal, published quarterly (Note: you must be logged into your MESTA account to view the journals)
* Annual awards
Upcoming NASA Webinars & Workshops
STEM Teaching Tips for Educators 11/30/2020
Explore Rodents in Space II: Astro-Rats & "Mighty" Mice 11/30/2020
Exploring Space Biology: The Space Chile Grow a Pepper Plant Challenge 12/01/2020
Explore Moon to Mars: The Artemis Mission and Teaching Science and Engineering Practices with The Gateway 12/01/2020