The Michigan Earth Science Teachers Association (MESTA) was founded in 1967. The organization consists of members teaching in the field of Earth and Space Science at the K-12 and college levels.
Not a member? Join MESTA for the low cost of just $10 per year.
Our mission is to help provide educators with up to date information, materials, and credible references to assist with the teaching of Earth and Space Science classes.
Donate to MESTA
In the K-12 classroom, it is becoming increasingly more important to provide authentic learning experiences that will enable students to develop an understanding of Earth Science. Your support of MESTA is vital in helping to prepare students to become the decision makers of tomorrow. Please consider the opportunity to "pay it forward" and help support Earth and Space Science teachers in Michigan.
MESTA provides members in good standing with the following benefits:
* Classroom mini-grants to $500 (Stoney Grants)
* Summer field conferences
* Providing teacher materials via our Free & Inexpensive shop, Rock Shop, and Rock Raffles
* Field scholarships to $1000
* Help justify/defend Earth Science education
* Annual MESTA conference (providing field activities and classroom workshops)
* The Michigan Earth Scientist journal, published quarterly (Note: you must be logged into your MESTA account to view the journals)
* Annual awards (Cranson Field Scholarship, Outstanding Michigan Earth Science Teacher, Salotti Earth Science Education, Weinle Heart of MESTA)
* Teacher workshops
Upcoming NASA Webinars & Workshops
Click here to check the upcoming schedule, obtain a description of the webinar or workshop, and view registration information.
Information on careers in the Geosciences
Click here for information.
Information on Science Literacy, Climate Change, and the justification for teaching Earth Science
Click here for information related to Science Literacy.
Click here for information related to Climate Change.
Click here for assistance with the justification for teaching Earth Science.