Integrated science with real world connections, plus a lot of fun!!
Sponsored by Michigan Earth Science Teachers Association in cooperation with Wisconsin Society of Science Teachers
* Hiking rock outcrops and collecting
* White water rafting (Class IV rapids)
* Mining history (underground mine tour; largest pump in North American)
*Menominee area geology (volcanic, tectonic, faulting, minerals)
* Erosional features (oxbow lakes, river meanders, drumlin fields)
* New Back Forty Mine under development (metallic sulfides;
Environmental protection, hydrology)
Meet with fellow educators and scientists; fun outdoor activities; learn more about science in our natural world. Plus it is designed to be family friendly.